K1n9_Duk3's Patchung Utility version 2.3 is released to the public. The new version adds support for the CGA versions the Keen games for better compatibility with CKPatch.
K1n9_Duk3's Patchung Utility version 2.2 is released to the public. The new version adds support for version 1.5 of Keen 6 and also supports the %abort command for better compatibility with CKPatch.
K1n9_Duk3's Patchung Utility version 2.1 is released to the public. The new version adds support for the %level.hint command for Keen 1 and fixes a few bugs.
K1n9_Duk3's Patching Utility version 2.0 is released to the public. The new version can handle almost any patch script created for use with CKPATCH.
It's been quite a while since the last "official" update. Let's see... what have I been doing since then?
- uGrab (my EGAGRAPH editor for Keen source mods) went through various "closed" beta versions. I think it's about time to let the public take a peek.
- Keen: Galaxy Level Viewer also got updated. It shares some code with uGrab, so some of the modifications I made while developing uGrab automatically made it into the Galaxy viewer as well. While I was at it, I also added an option to change the zoom level with the [+] and [-] keys.
- Keen: Vorticons Level Viewer also got the new zooming keys.
- K1n9_Duk3's Patching Utility has been updated to Version 1.6.
jMod - A Level Editor For Jill version 1.2 is released to the public. This fixes a bug that could corrupt the level file upon saving.
jMod - A Level Editor For Jill version 1.1a is released to the public. This corrects a few mistakes in the objekt kind documentation.
jMod - A Level Editor For Jill version 1.1 is released to the public. This minor updates greatly reduces CPU usage.
jMod - A Level Editor For Jill version 1.0 is released to the public. This allows you to create and edit levels for all three games of the Jill of the Jungle trilogy in a more user friendly environment than Jill's built-in level editor.
- K1n9_Duk3's Patching Utility version 1.4 is released to the public. This fixes a bug when processing executables where the last page size is set to 0 in the header.
- A couple of new patches have been added.
- K1n9_Duk3's Patching Utility version 1.3 is released to the public. This allows you to patch 16-bit MS-DOS executables without having to worry about relocation issues.
- A list of patches for use with the patching utility has been added.
K1n9_Duk3's Patching Utility version 1.2 is released to the public. This allows you to use string literals in the patch scripts instead of having to write the ASCII code for every character in the string.
K1n9_Duk3's Patching Utility version 1.1 is released to the public.
A new level viewer for Crystal Caves is released.
KEENGINE version 0.49.4 is released.
KEENGINE version 0.49.3 is released.
KEENGINE version 0.49.2 is released.
KEENGINE version 0.49.1 is released.
KEENGINE version 0.49.0 is released.
KEENGINE version 0.48.0 is released.
- IMF Crusher version 1.3 released
- Keen: Vorticons Level Viewer version 1.4 added to the page
- Keen: Galaxy Level Viewer version 1.7 added to the page
KEENGINE version 0.47.3 is released.
This is new:
Keen: Vorticons Level Viewer is updated to version 1.3
The new version allows you to:
- switch levels using the Page Up and Page Down keys
- display in-game sprites instead of hexadecimal numbers
- export the level's tiles and sprites as a single PNG image by pressing F3
- export all levels as PNG images by pressing CTRL + F2/F3
- read data files that are included in the game's executable
Realms of Chaos LZH to DAT Converter is added to the modding tools section.
KEENGINE is updated to version 0.44.0
The new version includes a ton of new features, including but not limited to:
- optimized actor vs. actor collision detection
- short-term invulnerability for the player
- extended Lua script support
- certralized health system for enemies
- full support for widescreen games
- optional aspect ration correction and forced integer scaling
- Lua script support for "dialogues"
- tiles can now be toggled automatically after a predefined amount of time
- customizable actor types and "virtual" actor types
- customizable difficulty levels
- and much more
See the included VersionHistory.txt file for further information.
This website is relauched. As with the previous re-designs of my old websites, I have dropped some of the old stuff in the process.
All the software that was released under the "KB" label is no longer available. Most of these tools would only make sense on Windows 2000/XP, so there's no reason to keep it available online anyway.
Since all the "KB" stuff is gone now, having the logo in the header didn't make sense anymore, so it was removed. What you see now is the alternate version of the old header. It was created in 2007, when I was setting up my site at ohost.de, so this has absolutely nothing to do with that project most Duke Nukem 3D fans are trying to forget. It is obviously just a reference to a movie. But, now that I think about it, there might be some people trying to forget that movie, too.
Most of the old articles are also gone for good. Contrary to what others might say, I did grow up (a little) in the past 10 to 13 years. Some of the things I wrote in the years 2004-2007 seem to be neither funny nor clever, and it was all written in German.
You can still find the old stuff at my old website, but that website will be shut down in January 2017.