K1n9_Duk3's Enormous Tool
© 2011-2013 K1n9_Duk3
K1n9_Duk3's Enormous Tool (also known as Duke2Edit) was the first Level Editor ever released for Duke Nukem II. As time passed, more and more features were added, so almost every aspect of the game can be changed using this editor.
In 2013, this editor was used by Interceptor Entertainment to modify some of the graphics for the iOS version of Duke Nukem II. Some of the changes were also applied to the Steam re-release of Duke Nukem II.
After the rights to Duke Nukem II were transferred to Gearbox Software, all versions of Duke Nukem II became unavailable.
- Level editor
- Editor for tilesets (CZone files)
- Editor for the intro animations (FLIC files)
- Converter for fullscreen graphics
- Editor for sprite graphics
- Integrated tool for image manipulation (QuickPaint)
- Converter for digitized sounds (VOC files)
- Editor for PC Speaker and AdLib soundeffects
- Converter for AdLib music (IMF files)
K1n9_Duk3's Enormous Tool can read and write all file formats of Duke Nukem II. All graphics and the digitized sounds (VOC files) can be converted into modern formats and back, allowing the data to be edited using other modern tools.
- Pentium 4 processor with 1.3 GHz or better
- DirectX 7 or OpenGL compatible graphics card (GeForce 2 or better)
- at least 32 MB RAM
- Windows XP or above
Pressing F1 while in the level editor brings up a help text, explaining all the keyboard commands for the level editor.
As of version 0.9c BETA, the editor comes with a PDF file that explains some of the editor's functions and some of the game's file formats. The documentation is very incomplete. It was supposed to be updated at some time, but I don't think that will happen any time soon.
|Version 0.9f BETA||711 KB||2013-09-05|
|Version 0.9e BETA||708 KB||2013-08-19|
|Version 0.9d BETA||663 KB||2013-04-08|
|Version 0.9c BETA||582 KB||2013-03-04|
|Version 0.9b BETA||189 KB||2011-08-30|
|Version 0.9a BETA||174 KB||2011-03-15|
|Version 0.9 BETA||161 KB||2011-03-05|